541-367-5882

Category Archives: Uncategorized

Cigarette ruled the cause of an apartment fire in Sweet Home (Photo)

At 5:01 pm the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District was dispatched to an apartment fire at 2300 Main Street.  Dispatchers told firefighters that occupants in one of the apartments were unable to get out.  When the first fire unit arrived, there were flames showing inside the middle apartment on the first floor of a 6 unit apartment building.  The owner of the building was using a garden hose to put water on the flames, from outside the door.  The occupant of the apartment that was on fire had already exited the building safely.  Sweet Home Police Officers assisted the Battalion Chief with evacuation of the remaining 5 apartments, 3 of which were on the second floor of the building with their only means of escape being the stairwell directly above the fire.That stairwell had sustained minor damage from the fire. The fire was quickly extinguished by the 8 firefighters who responded to the scene.  There were no injuries.  The building sustained an estimated $20,000 in damage, with an estimated $3,500 damage to the contents of the apartment.  The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, due to improperly discarded cigarettes. One occupant was displaced by the fire, and was receiving aid from the American Red Cross.  Sweet Home Fire would like to remind everyone to please use caution if you choose to smoke inside your home and ensure that all cigarettes and burning materials are disposed of properly.  We would also like to remind everyone to ensure that they have working smoke detectors in their homes. 

If photo is available it can be found here
Cigarette ruled the cause of an apartment fire in Sweet Home (Photo)

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Sweet Home Structure Fire (Photo)

An early Saturday morning fire at 4302 Airport Rd at 0630. Gutted a residential home. Arriving units found a garage, part of the house, and three cars engulfed in flames. No residents or firefighters were injured. The home was a total loss estimated at $225,000 for the home and $100,000 in contents. Fifteen firefighers and four fire apparatus were used to contain the blaze with mutual aid used from Lebanon Fire District.

If photo is available it can be found here
Sweet Home Structure Fire (Photo)

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Hunter rescued from mountains south of Green Peter Resevoir (Photo)

Today at approximately 2 pm, Crews responded to a Technical Rescue 10 miles off of quartsville road. The hunter was located off the South Bank 220 road southeast of Green Peter dam.  A hunter was having heart problems and unable to stand or walk.  Victims hunting partner drove to cell service  and waited to lead crews in.  It took an hour to hike down and locate the victim 600 feet down a steep bank and 45 minutes to assist him out to the road.  8 firefighters from Sweet Home Fire along with 3 firefighters from Oregon Department of Forestry, one Linn County Sheriff's deputy and one OSP game warden responded.

If photo is available it can be found here
Hunter rescued from mountains south of Green Peter Resevoir (Photo)

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Discarded Cigarette Sparks Devastating House Fire

The Sweet Home Fire District responded to a house fire on Osage street around 11:30 this morning.  When fire apparatus arrived on scene they found a double-wide manufactured home with smoke coming from the void space between the ceiling and the roof.  Crews from the Oregon Department of Forestry were already assisting in firefighting operations, having extinguished the flames on the outside of the home helping to stop the spread of fire beyond that structure as well as limiting the damage to that structure. Crews continued to battle the fire and overhaul the structure for several hours with help from a mutual aid engine response from the neighboring Lebanon Fire Department.  All occupants of the home were able to escape the fire without injury, however, the home sustained heavy damage.  An investigation led by the Oregon State Fire Marshal's Office determined the start of the fire to be unintentional and the cause was determined to be a discarded cigarette that had fallen against a plastic vent cover in the foundation of the home.  The cigarette melted the vent until it ignited and the fire then spread to the exterior siding and from there into the void space between the roof and ceiling.

If photo is available it can be found here
Discarded Cigarette Sparks Devastating House Fire

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Surplus 2000 Gallon Water Tender 1981 Ford

1981 Ford Welsh Fire Apparatus pumper tender
6V 92 Detroit diesel motor
Automatic transmission
2000 Gal tank
1000 GPM Hale front mount pump
Mileage 17,914
Asking $4000

 

Please submit a sealed bid with ITEM # 3 and the name of the purchaser on the outside of the envelope.  On the inside please place your contact info and your bid amount.  All bids must be received by August 15th at 5 pm. Only Mailed or Hand Delivered bids will be accepted at 1099 Long Street Sweet Home, Oregon 97386

 

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Surplus 1993 Ford F-350 Crewcab 4×4 with Utility box

1993 Ford F-350 Crewcab 4×4 460 V8 gas motor Utility Box Mileage 24,507 Minimum bid $6000   Please submit a sealed bid with ITEM # 2 and the name of the purchaser on the outside of the envelope.  On the inside please place your contact info and your bid amount.  All bids must be received… Read More

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Surplus 2008 Cheverolet C4500 Ambulance Duramax

2008 Cheverolet C4500 Ambulance Duramax Diesel engine Braun Box Mileage 179,162 Minimum Bid $11,000 Please submit a sealed bid with ITEM # 1 and the name of the purchaser on the outside.  On the inside please place your contact info and your bid amount.  All bids must be received by August 15th at 5pm.  Only… Read More

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Surplus vehicles for sale

Sweet Home Fire District will be accepting sealed bids for three surplus vehicles.  All bids must be submitted between  04/20/2018 and 05/25/2018. The bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope or via email to jmayfield@sweethomefire.org  with the Item number clearly marked on the front. The bid must include your name, contact number, and the… Read More

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

2018-2019 Notice of Budget Commitee Meeting

A public meeting of the Budget Committee of the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District, Linn County, State of Oregon, to discuss the budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019, will be held at the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District, 1099 Long Street, Sweet Home, Oregon 97386. The meeting will… Read More

Posted By:
Tagged:
0

Sweet Home Fire & Ambulance

In an emergency, please call 911.

1099 Long Street, Sweet Home, OR, 97386