The Sweet Home Fire District is seeking individuals to fill vacant Part-Time EMT Positions and establish a list for future hiring.
If you are looking for experience in the Fire/EMS field you will not find a better opportunity. This is considered an entry-level position for someone who desires a career in the Fire/EMS services. You will have the opportunity to treat and transport patients within your scope of practice on an ALS medic unit alongside a Firefighter/Paramedic partner.
- Be able to work a 24-hour shift every five (5) days
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must Have High School Diploma or GED
- Insurable Drivers License
- Licensed EMT
Preference will be given for the following certifications/experience:
- NFPA Driver or equivalent
- NFPA Firefighter I
- NFPA Pumper Operator
- NFPA Swift Water Rescue Technician
- NFPA Rope Rescue Technician
- NFPA Instructor I
- DPSST Wildland Interface Firefighter
- NFPA Machinery/Vehicle Rescue Technician
Benefits and Compensation:
P/T EMTs will be compensated hourly at Oregon minimum wage and receive pay for off-duty responses and drill attendance.
Call volume is approximately 2800 calls per year.
Many opportunities for free training including Firefighter, Pumper Operator, Wildland, Swift Water Rescue, Vehicle Extrication, and much more.
The application must be received no later than October 10, 2017, by 5 pm
The application may be mailed to:
1099 Long St. Sweet Home, OR 97386
or emailed to Chief’s Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org