The Sweet Home Fire & Ambulance District Volunteer Association consists of all 65 members of the District. The Association sponsors and organizes several efforts and events in our community. These include a burn out fund, EMT Scholarships, the Sharing Tree, the Fireman’s Steak Cookout, a Jamboree weekend breakfast and the Sportsman’s Holiday fireworks show.
If you have ideas of other ways we could serve our community, let us know!
The current Association officers are President Chris Forum, Vice President Jared Richey and Secretary Teasurer Greg Mahler.
JOIN THE SHVFA
Volunteer Recruitment Information
Getting started with the SHVFA is easy….
- At least 18 years of age
- No previous training required for new members
- Mandatory drivers license & background check
- Mandatory physical & drug screening, (District Paid)
- Completion of NFPA Firefighter I within 12 months after membership
- Attendance at weekly training, meetings and special events
- $500 scholarship for EMT/Basic students
- Team: A great sense of community and serving a good cause
- Family: Comradarie and lifelong friendships
To download an application click the link below:
Volunteer Firefighter Application
For more information contact us at:
1099 Long Street
Sweet Home, OR